The Crayford Town Hall development included 189 residential units, a new library and a community centre, a doctor’s surgery through the sensitive conversion and refurbishment of this locally listed landmark building.
Phase 1 included a mixed use housing development being built, alongside a community hall and a new library. The development backs onto a new plaza, which is the focal point of the town. A new smaller community hall with an outside roof terrace and a library below, fronts the new plaza with a double height entrance feature. This scheme was the first phase of a five-phase transformation of Crayford Town Centre.
Phase 2 comprises the development of the former Town Hall building, which is being carefully and sensitively converted to provide a doctor’s surgery on the ground floor and 15 private sale apartments on the upper floors. The building is historically and locally important and was originally built in 1915 as a mess canteen for the Vickers employees, and has been used as a Council Town Hall since 1929.