Higgins Partnerships sign contracts with Hillingdon Council to deliver major regeneration in Hayes
Hillingdon Council and Higgins Partnerships have today entered into contracts to deliver two flagship regenerations schemes in Hayes.
The redevelopment of Hayes Town Centre Estate and Avondale Drive Estates is set to commence this autumn and will deliver:
- Around 740 new homes - 50 per cent sale and 50 per cent affordable
- A range of apartments and family sized houses
- Attractive, high quality public spaces, a new community centre and better links to parks, the high street and the canal
- Opportunities for local people to secure apprenticeships, training and jobs throughout the development's construction
- A phased redevelopment that allows as many current residents as possible to move into one of the new homes on site.
Residents on the estates backed the redevelopment in a ballot held in May 2021, when 94 per cent of eligible voters came out in favour at Avondale Drive, with 85 per cent turnout, and 79 per cent in favour on Hayes Town Centre Estate, with a 90 per cent turnout.
The council's planning committee approved the masterplans for both estates in March this year following extensive consultation with residents on the designs.
Cllr Eddie Lavery, Hillingdon Council's Cabinet Member for Residents' Services, said: "This is great news, bringing the provision of new homes that our residents voted for even closer. The council is delighted to be working with Higgins Partnerships, an organisation with a proven track record in successful estate regeneration.
"We would like to thank the residents of both estates for working with the council on the redevelopment plans and we look forward to seeing the work start later this year."
Declan Higgins, Partnerships Director at Higgins Partnerships, said: "We are delighted to be working in partnership with Hillingdon Council to deliver high quality sustainable homes across these exciting sites and throughout the wider borough.
"As well as creating places people are proud to call their home, we will be working with the local community to provide training and employment opportunities for those wishing to start a career in the industry."