Proud to be a Disability Confident Committed Employer
With 8.1 million working age people in the UK with a disability we are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed Employer and support and utilise the talents that disabled people can bring to our workplace.
Disability Confident is creating a movement of change, encouraging employers to think differently about disability and take action to improve how they recruit, retain and develop disabled people.
Amy Ross, Head of Social Value comments, “Being Disability Confident is a great opportunity for us to lead the way and ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunity to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations. We are delighted to have joined the scheme and play a role in changing attitudes for the better.”
Disability Confident helps businesses recruit and retain great people and:
- draw from the widest possible pool of talent
- secure and retain high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
- save time and money on the costs of recruitment and training by reducing staff turnover
- keep valuable skills and experience
- reduce the levels and costs of sickness absences
- improve employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that they treat all employees fairly
The scheme also helps customers and other businesses identify those employers who are committed to equality in the workplace.